Agent & School Counselor Resources
Supporting Students During Uncertain Times – Here are Two Online Solutions that Ensure Students and Families will have a Path to College
The students and families you serve may be struggling with a potential disruption to their education plans, created by the COVID-19 virus. It is unpredictable how students will successfully complete high school, and travel to the US for the fall semester. You have worked with these families and earned their trust, and ACT Passport wants to be a valuable and reliable resource that can help you meet their needs under these difficult circumstances.
ACT World High School
For your students awaiting admission to U.S. colleges and universities, the ACT World High School U.S. diploma program is designed to provide validation of high school completion for students who were impeded by school closures in China. Students are required to complete six courses online in Math, English, Science, Social Studies, and two elective courses. Not only will your clients receive a U.S. high school diploma from an accredited school, but they will also develop their language and social skills to help them achieve success when they start college.
Benefits of the ACT World High School:
- Earn a U.S. high school diploma, recognized as the standard for American students.
- Complete the diploma requirements QUICKLY, as this special program offering only requires the completion of six courses.
- By studying in a high-quality program provided by one of the most trusted educational companies in the U.S., students will be better prepared to experience immediate success when they arrive at their college/university.
ACT Confident Start
If your students are accepted to colleges but unable to travel to the U.S. to begin classes in the fall, ACT Confident Start provides an option for them to begin their studies online. The ACT Confident Start program is a collective of universities across the United States with a shared commitment to supporting international students. Eligible students will be able to complete a range of core requirements online, and then transfer these credits to the U.S. university they are attending. Students can complete one to three terms online from their homes.
Benefits of the ACT Confident Start:
- Start college on time this fall, even if the COVID-19 virus prohibits students from traveling to the U.S.(or closes campuses in the U.S.).
- Earn college credits that can be transferred to the university you plan to attend so that you can make progress toward your diploma.
- Enroll in a program that can offer a full year of study if the issues related to COVID-19 persist and travel is not possible during the upcoming school year.